On May 19th, 2017 I celebrated my 4 year anniversary of my health and lifestyle change.
It’s crazy to think how I was always elbows deep in bags of chocolate donuts and buckets of ice cream, and now I’m more than ecstatic with my chocolate cherry smoothie with spinach and flax seeds. 🍫🍒
But let’s rewind a bit, because I wasn’t always the confidently-smiling-selfie-taking-clear-skinned woman that you see here.
4 years ago I was in a dark, uncomfortable black hole.
- I used to be sooooo lost.
- I was anxious and high strung all the time.
- I didn’t like what or who I saw in the mirror.
- I tried “dieting” and failed miserably every time.
- I masked my emotions with junk food.
- I could barely breathe walking up the stairs.
- I drank and ate pizza and wings to fit in… and because I was addicted.
- I wore layers of clothes to hide my morbidly obese body.
- I didn’t know who I really was.
- I thought this was my life forever.
Change is scary and sometimes unpredictable.
I had high hopes… and I also had mad fears about making a change with my nutrition and lifestyle.
I’m so nervousssssss.
What do I even do?
Maybe I’ll eat smaller portions…
…then go “work it off.”
UGH, Am I going to fail again?
But here’s the thing… I needed to make a decision, not let my life continue to be controlled by fear and laziness.
Once I realized that I could create my own reality and put in the work to do it… everything changed. Below are what I believe to be three of the main things needed when making a lifestyle change.
1. Decide WHAT you want.
2. Decide WHY you want it.
3. Implement the things needed to get there.
Of course there is much more too it than just these three bullets [self-reflection, resources, coaching, tools, etc.] but you have to start with a decision. The rest… well I worked that all into place with time. 🙂
I did not know 4 years ago that I would be where I am today. I knew I would change, of course. I knew I could make some progress and lose some unwanted pounds if I “stuck with it” long enough… but I never realized just real and authentic my life would be.
And I never thought I would get my hubs on board, either!!! 🙂
I lost the unwanted weight [over 80 pounds], but I also received so much more than that. Stuff that I never expected.
It’s not juts a number on the scale or the size on your jeans.
I embracing change. I knew my life was going to be totally different than what I was used to. I knew I wouldn’t be partying until 4am and sleeping off a hangover til noon. I knew I wouldn’t be going through the Dairy Queen drive through every day. And I decided to be truly ok with that. Because those things didn’t really matter in the big scheme of things. My life and health were/are more important than cheesecake ice cream and entire bottles of vodka.
What I soon realized was that I had always been just surviving… but now I am finally LIVING.
I am now unapologetically ME:
- I share my weight loss transformation story + continued journey not to brag, but to show other than they don’t have to live in the own bodily prison.
- I take a ton of selfies with fruits and vegetables. #noshame
- I talk with my hands… a lot.
- I can finally breathe and relax knowing I’m living fresh. I’m vibrant.
- The energy that I have in the mornings now is second to none… and I love my morning tea!
- My happy place is the organic farmers market on an early Saturday morning.
- I eat 8 clementines as a sweet snacks instead of 8 fun-size snickers bars. [Nothing fun about headaches and bloat from that refined crap!]
- I re-discovered my love for nature and the outdoors. Water, flowers, and trees are so much better now!
- I got into yoga and can’t get enough of it. Sweat and flow, baby!
- I don’t need to hide behind layers or foundation anymore because my skin is pretty clear.
- I no longer wear layers and layers of cardigans and scarves to hide my body… because I am comfortable in my own skin.
- I eat hummus with a spoon… and sometimes my fingers.
- I will laugh at ridiculous memes on Instagram all day.
- I don’t need to wear crazy makeup or jewelry to alter how I feel about myself.
- I walk, I jog, I bike, I hike, I swim not because I have to… because I have the energy and I want to.
- I take a cooler with me so I know I am taken care of and I don’t mind eating my own food at a party.
- I discovered guided daily affirmation card decks… and I’m obsessed. [Get my lifestyle edeck here!]
- I am much more calm because my mind is clear… it’s not clogged with brain-harming junk! I take my time to respond instead of immediately reacting.
- I coach amazing women on their lifestyle journeys and they are SO REAL with me. I absolutely LOVE my clients and their lives are changing in so many ways.
I love who I am today because I fought to become her.
Never give up the journey for what you truly want. If it makes your heart sing, if you are being pulled towards something… explore it.
Don’t let it go.
You never know how amazing something can really be unless you go ALL IN and experience it.
I know what it’s like to now live on the other end of obesity and emotional eating. I can’t help but share my lifestyle journey, my advice, and help guide others to change their lives. Not just that… but to gain their life BACK! So many people are living in that space where they are comfortable or maybe feel stuck and aren’t sure how to get out of the spinning spiral.
I am so passionate about helping others on their own journeys of transformation, weight loss, self-love, and growth and it’s why I created my monthly membership site, Nutribabe Nation.
If you’re ready to change your life and wanna party with me… then I’m ready for you!
So what will this mean for you? What can you expect?
- Reach Body Freedom — HECK YASSS!
- Lose Excess Weight
- Overcome Emotional Eating
- Gain Greater Self-Love
- Crush Goals
- Step-by-Step Guidance
- CREATE SUSTAINABLE, LASTING RESULTS
- Have Support + Closed Community
You will be well on your way to overcoming your food addiction, lose excess weight, gain energy, feel like a total Nutribabe and have fun along the way!
Mrs. Love Chard
Nutribabe Nation Founder