It is simply delicious!
Suggestions for meals:
1. On top of mashed cauliflower or mashed sweet potatoes.
2. Stir in with steamed vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc.
3. Pour over bean + oat + veggie burger.
4. Mix in with black bean noodles, mung bean noodles, whole wheat noodles, etc. to make a stroganoff.
5. Top sauteed spinach, kale, garlic, onion, and spices [sauteed in vegetable broth/water].
- 1 pound mushrooms, any variety or a mixture [We used white button and baby bella]
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk [or other unsweetened plant-based milk]
- ½ cup cashews [or cashews + almond mix]
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos*
- 1¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of ground sage
- Pinch of ground rosemary
- Pinch ground thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a high powdered food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a stove-top saucepan and cover with tight lid.
- Bring to boil for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat and serve warm.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container.