This tasty condiment is so versatile that it can be used to replace both sour cream and mayo!
Mrs. Love Chard and I have enjoyed it on Nutritarian paninis, creamed cucumbers, a topper for loaded baked sweet potatoes, an addition to a hearty bowl of taco salad, as a cream for soups, and have added ground cayenne or hot sauce of choice to make spicy mayo for sushi.
We also love using this as a base for homemade salad dressings: blend with fruit, vinegar, spices, and herbs.
- 1 package [14ish ounces] organic soft* tofu
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup white beans [or red lentils or chickpeas]
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice + a little lemon zest if you wish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar [or rice vinegar or white wine vinegar]
- 1 tablespoon mustard, any variety [we like Dijon or spicy brown]
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of ground cayenne pepper, optional
- Water as needed to reach desired consistency
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender/food processor [we use our Nutribullet] and blend until creamy.