Forget that highly addictive and high sodium packaged
seasoning! We have two different homemade versions of no-salt taco seasonings. The first recipe, pictured, is more spicy [using black pepper and more cayenne] and also has dried oregano.
We love either of these recipes in our Wheat Berry + Walnut Taco “Meat”!
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano [optional]
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper [optional]
- Mix ingredients and store in an air tight container.
This second recipe is more mild without the bite. With either recipe, store in an air tight container or ziplock baggie near your other spices.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper [optional]